The University of the Philippines Open University (‘UPOU’) respects and values your privacy and employs reasonable measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (‘DPA’), its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and related issuances from the National Privacy Commission (‘NPC’).
The information you supplied through this online form (‘personal information’) will only be used and processed for the following purposes: (1) summary information for analytics, and (b) monitoring of requests for MC services. For the purposes stated above, your personal information shall not be collected through any other means other than this form. Moreover, your personal information may be processed both by way of computer media and on paper, in compliance with the rules in relation to personal data protection, therein including those relating to data security.
Your personal information will be retained or stored for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed have not been satisfied. UPOU will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements:
- The form may be stored within UPOU’s premises in a secure cabinet.
- The form may be digitized and stored on UPOU’s information management system hosted by UPOU on-site or in the premises of an authorized third-party service provider.
- UPOU shall ensure, using contractual and other reasonable means, that the Third-Party Service Provider implements proper safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data processed, prevent its use for unauthorized purposes, and comply with the requirements of the DPA, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other applicable laws for processing of personal data, and other issuances of the NPC.
The information you provided in the form will be kept confidential and under the care of the Multimedia Center. To achieve this, UPOU has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. Be rest assured that your information will not be shared with anyone.
Data Use Policy
As the data subject, you have the following rights under the DPA:
- The right to access personal information;
- The right to make corrections to personal information;
- The right to object to the processing of personal information;
- The right to erasure or blocking of personal information;
- The right to be informed of the existence of processing of personal information;
- The right to damages; and
- The right to lodge a complaint before the NPC.
This consent form may be updated from time to time. The data subject will be notified whenever there are any updates that will significantly affect his/her rights. In case of complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the processing of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise your data subject rights, you may address them to:
The Data Protection Officer
University of the Philippines Open University
Los Baños, Laguna
63-49 5366001 to 6005 loc. 299